Items Needed to Apply
Individuals can expedite the application process by providing the following information when applying for a loan:
- Name and Social Security number of all applicants.
- Complete addresses for the last two years (if you have been renting, include the names and addresses of your landlords).
- Sources of income and the names and addresses of your employers for the last two years.
- W-2 forms or other proof of income for the last two years.
- A list of all your liquid assets (checking, savings, stocks, bonds, etc.), including names, addresses, account numbers and current balances.
- A list of all your current loans and credit cards with names, addresses, account numbers, monthly payments and current balances.
- If you choose to include income from child support/alimony payments, bring copies of court records or cancelled checks to show that payments have been received, if applicable.
- A typewritten or clearly legible sales contract signed by the buyer(s) and seller(s), if applicable.
- If you are self-employed, include copies of your last two years income tax returns with all schedules along with a profit-and-loss statement for the current year.
- If you own other properties, include a list of all properties and current market value; any amounts owed on the properties, along with the lender’s names, addresses, account numbers, monthly payments and current balances; copies of your income tax returns for the last two years, with all schedules; and, if the properties are rented, copies of the leases.
- If you have filed bankruptcy within the last seven years, bring a copy of your petition and discharge papers, a written explanation of why you filed, and evidence of excellent credit since that time.